A message from the Blandin Foundation…
October 8-10, 2019
Grand View Lodge – Nisswa, MN
Please join us October 8-10, at Grand View Lodge in Nisswa for our annual broadband conference, Innovation: Putting Broadband to Work.
Broadband is a powerful tool for innovation, and we’re going to show you how to best use it to improve quality of life and increase community vitality.
We’ll start with a fast-paced show and tell session where 12 practitioners will show you how they are maximizing the benefits of broadband. Expect to hear about big gaming (for money!), virtual reality, turning a laundromat into a digital information center, and more. Then we’ll take a closer look at how broadband technologies are transforming healthcare, education, and precision agriculture.
You’ll get an opportunity to mix and mingle with presenters and attendees. Pick up some ideas, and start some new partnerships!
Check out the conference website for more details.
Join policymakers, economic and community development professionals, and community broadband champions from across the state for this annual opportunity to Learn, Connect, and Engage.
We hope to see you there!
Have you marked your calendar? Registered?
Innovation: Putting Broadband to Work
Grand View Lodge
It’s going to be a great conference and the agenda was just announced. Here are some of the highlights…
- Keynote Presentation John Jung, Co-founder and Board President, Intelligent Pursuing Broadband Case studies of improved broadband
- Climbing the Digital Use Ladder Digital inclusion
- Young Leaders panel presentation Moderated by: Jacki Anderson, Office of Rep. Collin Peterson Whitney Ridlon, MN Dept of Iron Range Resources and
- Rehabilitation All Things Fiber and Wireless
- Intelligent Community Benchmarking Workshop John Jung, Intelligent Community Forum
- Trends in deployment; advice to communities
- Tech-Transformed Education Moderated by Marc Johnson, East Central MN Educational Cable Cooperative
- Conducting a Successful Broadband Feasibility Study
- Tech-Transformed Health Care
- From Feasibility Forward – Broadband Project Development
- Tech-Transformed Agriculture speakers to be announced
- Plenary Presentation Andy Spurgeon, Chief of Operations, Office of Telecommunications and Information Applications, National Telecommunications and Information Agency (NTIA)
- Special Performance Dan Witkowski, Founder, President and Chief Magician, MagicCom
- Plenary Presentation Casey Sorensen, CEO, PCs for People
- Tech-Enabled Approaches to Attracting Businesses and People
- Closing the Digital Divide in Your Community
Supporting Freelancers – Tech-based Entrepreneurship and Telework
Incorporating Cultural Awareness into Tech Training
Representing the Digitally UnderRepresented in Economic Development
- Tech for Older Adults – Tools for Health and Social Engagement
- Keynote Presentation Christopher Mitchell, Institute for Local Self-Reliance
Register Now: Innovation: Putting Broadband to Work
Grand View Lodge – Nisswa MN
Please join us October 8-10, at the gorgeous Grand View Lodge in Nisswa for our annual broadband conference, Innovation: Putting Broadband to Work. Broadband access today is as varied as communities across Minnesota. Some enjoy a gig, others are working hard for any service, and the rest are somewhere in between. This conference is for all communities, regardless of where they are on the spectrum – because we’ve learned that having broadband isn’t enough. It takes inspiration, encouragement and guidance to reap the full benefits. We’ll be talking about how to make the most of what you’ve got and/or get more.
This year’s conference will shine a light on local broadband heroes as well as look at several aspects of broadband:
- Getting Connected
- Community Vitality
- Economic Development
- Digital Equity
Check out the conference website for more details, including the preliminary agenda. (Or learn about opportunities to sponsor or exhibit.)
Join policymakers, economic and community development professionals, and community broadband champions from across the state for this annual opportunity to learn, connect, and engage.
We hope to see you there!
We’re starting to get excited for the Fall Broadband Conference! Have you been wondering how you could get more involved with the conference? There are opportunities for sponsorship or to become an exhibitor.
The conference is always well regarded. Generally, 125-150 community leaders come to learn more about broadband-fueled strategies.
Sponsor ships start at $1,000 and exhibitors at $500. Learn more.
Got broadband? Join us to make the most of it. Need broadband? We can help with that too! Our goal is to challenge and inspire community champions from across Minnesota. We will showcase examples of broadband-enabled economic and community development and celebrate the community leaders whose hard work and vision we have to thank.
This three-day conference at the beautiful Grand View Lodge in Nisswa, MN will offer learning and engagement on many aspects of the challenges and benefits of broadband access and use, from “Pursuing Broadband 101,” to digital inclusion tools and strategies for diverse audiences, to examples of tech-transformed health care, education, and Ag, to case studies of improved community broadband. Providers will discuss trends in deployments and offer advice to communities. Blandin Foundation will recognize community leaders who, since these annual conferences began fifteen years ago, have lead the way to better broadband. Besides panel discussions, presentations, and demonstrations, we will hear directly from millennials about how they decide where to live and work, and there will be some magic.
It’s a great time to network with people who can help you put broadband to work. It’s a great place to bring leaders from your community who could use a little inspiration to recognize the power of broadband.