For older adults, being socially isolated can have the same impact on health as smoking nearly a pack of cigarettes per day according to researchers. Learn how three community projects are using technology to help older adults stay connected—with interactive distance learning, virtual community education sessions, and a web-based resource for local events and services.
- Terri Foley, LeadingAge MN Foundation
- Maria Genne, and Kairos Alive!
- Natalie Matthewson, Central MN Council on Aging
Notes: Tech for Older Adults–Exciting Tools for Health and Social Engagement.
Work to creativity engagement Older Adults through dance and theatre.
Interactive movements and workshops that can be done at home following the streaming process with Kairos Alive!
Leading Age in MN
– Healthy aging Pilots that connect and promoteI local resources in Rural Communities.
– Interactive video in different areas of the Moorhead area.
– Rural Pilots : Silos to circles partners with communities to improve the experience of aging.
– What is needed to live ad age well in the Chisago area. Information about activities, transportation.