MN House and Senate say $100 million for broadband
The Minnesota House passed the Ag bill with $100 million for broadband. And The MN Senate passed a bill with $100M for broadband grants.
Fiber touted as future-proof necessity for Edtech in Minnesota
Minnesota Age Appropriate Design Code: An effort to protect kids from online and offline world
MN Legislature looking at tax exemptions for fiber deployment
- Electronic Health Records used less in rural hospitals – what do MN hospitals look like?
- Minnesota Recognizes importance of broadband mapping
- Will Minnesota’s municipal network barriers delay BEAD funding?
- More on MN PUC’s case on LTD Broadband: Dep of Commerce says suspend ETC – LTD disagrees
- Dep of Commerce recommends MN PUC continue investigation into LTD Broadband’s TEC status
- $100 million for MN Broadband is a start to reaching state goals – not a closer
- FTC, DOJ, CFPB, EEOC all voice concern about AI
- There appears to be a timing difference in FCC map challenges depending on whether they are bulk or individual
- Republican US Senators’ recommendations to make BEAD funding easier for commercial providers
- Senator Putnam on Senate’s $100 million for broadband
- Sen Klobuchar says broadband should be part of the farm bill
- Report estimates cost for nationwide ubiquitous broadband at $230 billion – that’s not what’s being invested
- $80 million federal funds available to train workers to build and deploy infrastructure
- Both MN House and Senate ag and finance omnibus bills include $100 million for broadband
Local Broadband News
4,000+ Attend GigaZone Gaming Championship in Bemidji MN
Duluth is looking at using proceeds from Cirrus property sale go to fund local broadband
Le Sueur County
Imagine moving to an area with slow internet – would you work like Barbara Drӧher Kline to fix it?
Gilda’s Club in the TC helping to get cancer support to unserved with broadband and devices
Upcoming Events, Opportunities and Resources