Got an issue with your broadband service? File a Complaint with the FCC

I feel like I should have known about this earlier – but better now than never. Residents can file a complaint with the FCC on a range of issues – including phone and Internet…

If your complaint is about a telecom billing or service issue, we will serve your complaint on your provider. Your provider has 30 days to send you a response to your complaint. We encourage you to contact your provider to resolve your issue prior to filing a complaint.

They don’t promise to “fix” your problem but it looks like they will try to find some answers and that your experience may help inform their policy work…

These complaints help inform FCC enforcement and policy work and may be shared with other Bureaus and Offices internally.
In some instances, we will provide you with a referral to another federal, state or local agency that can better address your complaint.

I often hear from folks who have issues with their service – and I’m happy to continue to hear from folks but I also encourage folks to use this form to be heard. We can’t expect the FCC (or policymakers) to know what’s happening on the ground if we don’t tell them.

Maybe it will help you get answers; maybe it will help the FCC better represent consumers.

This entry was posted in FCC, Opportunities, Policy by Ann Treacy. Bookmark the permalink.

About Ann Treacy

Librarian who follows rural broadband in MN and good uses of new technology (, hosts a radio show on MN music (, supports people experiencing homelessness in Minnesota ( and helps with social justice issues through Women’s March MN.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s