I’m sharing the following invitation with permission. I plan to attend and take notes. It looks like a good lineup…
We are well into our fifth year of Alliance efforts and cooperation and have some experiences we would like to share with you that show the value of working together as we do. We hope you can join us on Wednesday, April 17th, from 10 am to 2 pm for an informative day of presentations that will help you get the most out of your broadband network for those who have come that far and assistance for those who are still working on getting or expanding your broadband access. Sessions from area experts and also from Alliance members will share some lessons learned and plans for the future. There will be lunch provided by the Alliance and plenty of time for discussion of topics of interest to all of us.
The meeting will be held at the SCALE Public Safety Training Center located at 17706 Valley View Dr., Jordan, MN. The facility is located right off Hwy. 169 approximately half way between Shakopee and Jordan and provides a great setting for this event.
The tentative agenda for the day is attached to this invitation and your suggestions for topics you would like to see discussed are welcome. Please RSVP with the number of guests attending from your community for planning purposes by April 12th if you can. You can RSVP or make inquiries by email to Deb Brazil at email@example.com or JoAnne Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 612-229-7173.
NOTE: updated times (4/5/2019)
MN Public Broadband Alliance Meeting
April 17, 2019 – 9 am to 2 pm
SCALE Training Facility-Jordan MN
- Welcome – Micah Myers, City of St. Cloud
Charter Members Introductions – Scott County, Windom, SMBS, St. Cloud, Monticello
- Partnerships, Where to find Partners, Structures – Joe Buttweiler, CTC & Jeff O’Neill, Monticello
- Wireless Capabilities/Hybrid Systems – Dan Olsen, Finley Engineering & Steve Herman, Access Net
- Lunch Break/Grant Overviews Cathy Clucas, OBD & JoAnne Johnson, MPBA
- Financing Options – Mark Erickson, RSFiber & Nancy Hoffman, Chisago County
- Economic Development and Broadband – Dave Hengel, Greater Bemidji & Perry Mulcrone, Scott County
- Legislative Update and Questions – Diane Wells, OBD. Nancy Hoffman, MRBC & JoAnne Johnson, MPBA