I’m sharing the following invitation with permission and for two reasons. First, maybe some readers would like to go. Second, Steve’s a great example of one person in a community starting a broadband adoption campaign (aka digital inclusion or knowledge worker training or info worker networking). It just takes initiative and maybe some coffee and donuts or beer and pretzels depending on the time of the event. Also as a bonus I wanted to share the link to the experimental CodeFind effort: https://hackforchange.hackpad.com/CodeFind-2qELVqJxuCJ
Join the #hackforchange “CodeFind” team on my patio next Saturday morning in Minneapolis
1. 90+ http://hackforchange.org events across the U.S. and the world
2. Minnesota’s doing it later in June: http://hackformn.org – so we can be a global resource team
3. Projects at hackathons often re-create the wheel and miss the opportunity to build on on past code/lessons
4. When project groups get settled at a table, they often spend a chunk of time scoping out the problem and looking for lessons from similar projects and open source code to re-use/build from …
however, the success of this research or finding code is varied due to time pressure. So, let’s create a remote research help desk.
5. Bagels and coffee – start early at 9 am Central and go until 12 Noon … grill available (May 31)
6. My shady cozy patio with granite pavers from East Lake with a solid wi-fi connection and power
7. Hopefully no rain (we will determine a back up coffee shop)
8. This experimental CodeFind effort:
#codefind on Twitter
#hackforchange on Freenode IRC
So, if you want to join me in helping support the CodeFind research help desk on Twitter and IRC, drop me a note to RSVP: email@example.com
Put: CodeFind MSP … in subject.