This is a little off the usual topic for us and Senator Klobuchar already has a broadband expert (Chuck Ackman) who is very good but I always like to see broadband-forward folks find places to flourish and the Senator is looking for a Regional Outreach Director for the Northwest MN region…
Regional Outreach Director
The primary role of a Regional Outreach Director is to serve as a liaison between Senator Klobuchar and constituencies in their regions. Issues areas could include business, commerce, banking, manufacturing, export promotion, travel and tourism, workforce development, agriculture and consumer protection, as well as to build and maintain relationships within those communities. The Regional Outreach Director position will be responsible for proactively reaching out and being in their region on a regular basis and for reporting back as necessary on information gathered and any follow-up action that may be needed, either on the part of staff or the Senator, including possible legislative or policy initiatives.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for staffing the Senator at meetings or other events when she travels to their region, and for preparing by the prescribed due date all necessary briefing materials for the Senator.
- Serve as lead contact person in their region for the Senator and any issues constituents raise.
- Coordinate meetings, briefing materials, and assist Media Advisor on media events related to their region.
- Informs the Senator and office leadership of all happenings in his or her assigned region by screening district media sources and interacting with constituents
- Build strong internal working relationships across MN and DC offices
- Attend key meetings on behalf of the senator
- Advance and staff the Senator at in-state events as needed.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of all issues and events in the region in which the Member is involved
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and handles stress
- Innovative thinker; idea generator
- Demonstrable experience working with or managing coalitions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and enjoys building relationships with diverse groups and individuals
– Bachelor’s Degree in political science or related field or related experience.
– Work is mainly performed in a fast-paced office environment.
– Hours are 8-5, Monday-Friday, some evenings and weekends.
– Ability to travel as needed for meetings.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Clara_Haycraft@klobuchar.senate.gov