From the Office of Broadband Development…
Job Class: State Program Administrator, Coordinator
Working Title: Digital Equity Program Lead
- Who May Apply: This vacancy is open for all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 05/20/2022
- Closing Date: 06/02/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Employ & Econ Development Dept / Employ & Economic Dev-MAPE
- Division/Unit: Business & Community Devlp Div / 0359 Broadband Development
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Daytime
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Telework: May be eligible to telework up to 5 days per week
- Travel Required: Yes – Up to 25% of the time; including local, regional, statewide, and occasional overnights
- Salary Range: $32.49 – $48.32/hourly; $67,839 – $100,892/annually
- Classified Status: Unclassified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- End Date: This position is expected to last up to two (2) years.
- FLSA Status: Exempt – Professional
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: No
We are looking for an energetic individual to lead the state’s efforts to close the digital divide and encourage broadband adoption and use among underserved populations across Minnesota. The incumbent will work with state agencies, local governments, nonprofits and providers to engage with communities and populations to identify and address the barriers that exist to ensuring broadband access is affordable, that devices are available that meet the users’ needs, that digital literacy training and quality technical support are available, and that users have a basic awareness of how to protect their online privacy and safety. The goal is to achieve digital equity to ensure all who live in Minnesota can fully engage in civic and cultural opportunities, employment, lifelong learning, healthcare and other essential services.
The Digital Equity Program Director will report directly to the Executive Director and support the development of new broadband digital equity programming and tools statewide. This position is a temporary, federal grant funded position.
The purpose of this position is to develop, promote, implement, provide technical assistance for, evaluate and report on state and/or federally funded financing programs of the Office of Broadband Development. The Office develops and administers programs designed to achieve high quality broadband access for all Minnesotans and to support and promote the skills necessary to adopt and use broadband tools for economic, educational, health, and institutional benefits.
This position is expected to last up to two (2) years.