The MN Nonprofit Council reports on a great way to reward an unsung hero. I can think of a few local rural broadband champions who might fit the description….
2022 award nominations now open!
The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits is pleased to announce the annual Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero Awards. In partnership with the McKnight Foundation, a Minnesota-based family foundation that advances a more just, creative, and abundant future where people and planet thrive, four Minnesotans, two from the Twin Cities metro and two from Greater Minnesota, will each receive $10,000 in recognition of the significant impact they have had on the state of Minnesota and its communities.
A Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero is an individual who has had a significant impact on the state of Minnesota and its communities. This individual:
- Has played a significant role on creating a positive impact on Minnesota and its communities.
- Has not been widely recognized for their work in the past.
- Nominees do not have to be employed at an organization to be eligible, but may be volunteers, board members, or service staff of nonprofits.
- Nominees must be Minnesota residents.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominees may not be past Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero Award or Human Services Award recipients.
Recipients will receive:
- $10,000 cash award.
- Recognition at the 2022 MCN Annual Conference, October 13 & 14.
Nominations are open Monday, May 2, 2022 – Monday, May 30, 2022, 11:30pm CST.