Here are the details for the proposed budget for broadband deployment:
- 240,000 Minnesota households do not have access to strong broadband. They lack the “plumbing” for the modern economy.
- From telehealth to education to economic growth, broadband is vital to vibrant communities.
- Estimated cost to connect those households is $1.3 billion; $170M needed from state.
Finish Broadband Statewide – $170 Million
- We could be among the first states in the U.S. to be fully connected if we make the right one-time investments – now.
- This would differentiate Minnesota and attract talent & business development.
- Greater Minnesota can be the model for rural development and growth for the nation.