(See Blandin Foundation interactive map)
Swift County: Top five broadband access status
Swift County’s partnership with Federated Telephone, supported by a MN State grant, has provided nearly ubiquitous coverage. Swift has also been working with the Blandin Foundation as Blandin Broadband Community.
Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Swift is $1,797,084; broadband is one possible use.
They have the opportunity to invest in broadband with federal funding. That would help them reach ubiquitous broadband. They might not need much. They are a code green community.
|100/20 (2026 goal)||99.5||99.5||99.6||64.15||30.41|
|25/3 (2022 goal)||99.54||99.54||99.64||99.64||78.95|
|County||Households with computer||…with desktop or laptop||…with ONLY smartphone||…with a tablet et al|
|State of MN||93.6%||80.6%||7.7%||63.8%|
- 2015 – Federated Telephone Cooperative – Swift County FTTP 2015 – Grant award: $4,950,000
- 2015 – MVTV Wireless Middle Mile – Grant award: $808,080
- Find more articles on broadband in Swift County (http://tinyurl.com/zfptnnz)
- 100/20 Mbps ranking: 5 (down 1)
- Has worked with Blandin: yes
- Has received a MN Broadband grant: yes
- Household density: 4.9
- Districts: CD 7
- Find your reps
I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year. I’m looking at progress toward the 2022 (25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up) and 2026 (100 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up) and will code each:
- Red (yikes)
- Yellow (warning)
- Green (good shape)