(See Blandin Foundation interactive map)
Pipestone County: stagnant at 80 percent
Pipestone County was a big leap in access in 2018. Since then, they have been stagnant.
Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Pipestone is $1,769,932; broadband is one possible use.
In May, Pipestone County Commissioners met to talk about ARP. They didn’t make any decisions but broadband did come up. That’s a positive sign. Pipestone County has the opportunity to invest in broadband with federal funding. That would help them reach ubiquitous broadband. They are code yellow.
|100/20 (2026 goal)||80.11||79.73||79.73||79.73||44.54|
|25/3 (2022 goal)||82.54||82.97||81.1||79.73||79.36|
|County||Households with computer||…with desktop or laptop||…with ONLY smartphone||…with a tablet et al|
|State of MN||93.6%||80.6%||7.7%||63.8%|
- 2017 – Woodstock Telephone Company – Pipestone County Wireless – GRANT $363,851
- 2015 – MVTV Wireless Middle Mile – Grant award: $808,080
- Find more articles on broadband in Pipestone County (http://tinyurl.com/zhjm4pe)
- 100/20 Mbps ranking: 43 (down 6)
- Has worked with Blandin: no
- Has received a MN Broadband grant: yes
- Household density: 7.73
- Districts: CD 7
- Find your reps
I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year. I’m looking at progress toward the 2022 (25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up) and 2026 (100 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up) and will code each:
- Red (yikes)
- Yellow (warning)
- Green (good shape)