(See Blandin Foundation interactive map)
Nicollet County: stagnant since 2019 but just got a grant
Nicollet County saw great progress in 2019; they have been stagnant since then, but they have received a grant in the last round that might help spur more local attention.
Nicollet County will benefit from a MN State Grant awarded in 2021:
- Nuvera Communications, Inc. – New Ulm HDT 202 FTTP – GRANT $444,386 This last mile project north of New Ulm will serve approximately 80 unserved and 67 underserved locations in Nicollet County.
Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Nicollet is $6,647,231; broadband is one possible use.
Nicollet County has the opportunity to invest in broadband with federal funding. That would help them reach ubiquitous broadband. They are a code yellow community.
|100/20 (2026 goal)||78.49||78.29||78.42||33.29||54.54|
|25/3 (2022 goal)||83.87||83.67||82.68||83.91||86.1|
|County||Households with computer||…with desktop or laptop||…with ONLY smartphone||…with a tablet et al|
|State of MN||93.6%||80.6%||7.7%||63.8%|
- 2015 – MVTV Wireless Middle Mile = Grant award: $808,080
- Find more articles on broadband in Nicollet County (http://tinyurl.com/h3zwpbd)
- 100/20 Mbps ranking: 45 (down 4)
- Has worked with Blandin: yes
- Has received a MN Broadband grant: yes
- Household density: 29.07
- Districts: CD 1
- Find your reps
I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year. I’m looking at progress toward the 2022 (25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up) and 2026 (100 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up) and will code each:
- Red (yikes)
- Yellow (warning)
- Green (good shape)