More info from the Perham Focus on West Central Initiative’s Broadening Our Broadband Regional event, which is part of a series of regional events happening before the Fall (online) Broadband Conference…
West Central Initiative will host Broadening Our Broadband, a discussion featuring a panel of rural broadband industry professionals and policy experts, on Thursday, Sept. 16, at 11 a.m. via Zoom.
The panel will focus on imagining new possibilities that come with enhanced broadband access, learning how communities can prepare for potential future funding opportunities and hearing how the region can leverage broadband access to better support students, businesses and communities. You can register for the event at wcif.org/events.
“High-speed internet access is fundamental to vibrant rural communities,” said Anna Wasescha, West Central Initiative president. “It supports economic development, high-quality health care, equitable education, and more. Broadband discussions … are particularly important in helping to form our region’s long-term, comprehensive broadband implementation strategy. Broadband is no longer a want—it’s a need.”
The panel will feature:
- Bernadine Joselyn, director of public policy and engagement at Blandin Foundation;
- Greg Wagner, director of business and economic development at West Central Initiative;
- Diane Wells, deputy director of the Office of Broadband Development at the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development;
- Amy Baldwin, community development director for Otter Tail County;
- Todd Johnson, Traverse County Commissioner;
- Ann Treacy, owner and founder of Treacy Information Services and researcher and contributor to the Blandin on Broadband blog