From the MN Office of Broadband Development…
Join us for this free webinar on Thursday, May 20, at 10:00 a.m.
The Minnesota Office of Broadband Development (OBD) is hosting a free webinar that will cover resources available on OBD’s website, highlighting mapping information and tools to assist communities and providers in planning broadband expansion projects. The session will also include a tutorial/overview of OBD’s interactive broadband map.
Who Should Attend:
Local government officials and staff, economic developers and other broadband stakeholders interested in learning more about mapping and other resources available on the Office of Broadband Development website or considering the use of Local Fiscal Recovery Funds for broadband infrastructure projects.
Topics covered will include:
- How to search for broadband service/area providers
- How to view service availability – today and tomorrow – and who is building it
- How a County or City GIS or Economic Development professional might use the data in planning
- How communities are using local funding resources for broadband projects
- Overview of a typical grant round
- Grant template for local units of government
Date and time: Thursday, May 20, 10 a.m.
Platform: This webinar will be held in Microsoft Teams. You can use the browser version if you don’t have the application.
Link to join: This is the webinar link
Questions: For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
This webinar will be recorded and posted afterwards in the Maps and Data section of the OBD website.