Business Roundtable is urging the Biden-Harris Administration and Congress to quickly act this year on six urgent strategic priorities to boost U.S. technology and innovation leadership to strengthen our economy for the long term as we work to end the pandemic. In a set of recommendations released today, Business Roundtable CEOs detailed policy actions necessary to advance each of the following priorities:
- Bridge the digital divide;
- Protect consumer data privacy;
- Fortify U.S. cyber defenses and trust in ICT supply chains;
- Strengthen U.S. global leadership on data and technology policy;
- Bolster federal R&D programs; and
- Support access to and retention of global talent.
The Business Roundtable is “an association of chief executive officers of America’s leading companies working to promote a thriving U.S. economy and expanded opportunity for all Americans through sound public policy.” They focus on their business, employees and concerns of customers. It’s interesting to see what they list as top concern.