Governor Walz just announced a new app (COVID Aware MN) that is designed to stop the spread of COVID . Here’s how it works…
COVIDaware MN uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology to notify you if you have been exposed to COVID-19, so you can reduce the risk of infection for your friends, family, and neighbors, and help Minnesota slow the spread.
They offer a 5-step process…
- Step 1. Download the free COVIDaware MN app.
- Step 2. Your phone remembers other devices it meets, but won’t identify you to anyone.
- Step 3. Your privacy is protected. No information that will identify you will ever leave your phone.
- Step 4. The app checks for positive COVID-19 cases every day.
- Step 5. The app will notify you if you may have been exposed to the coronavirus.
This matched with the increased access of testing and accelerated return of testing, seems like this is a tool that can help.