Candidate Klobuchar announces her $1 trillion plan for infrastructure. She is focusing on seven areas of infrastructure investment:
- Repair and replace our roads, highways, and bridges.
- Provide protection against flooding and update and modernize our airports, seaports and inland waterways.
- Expand reliable public transit options and update rail infrastructure.
- Rebuild our schools and overhaul our country’s housing policy.
- Connect every household to the internet by 2022.
- Build Climate Smart and Green infrastructure.
- Ensure Clean Water.
And here’s what she says about broadband…
Connect every household to the internet by 2022. Roughly one in four rural Americans say access to high-speed internet is a major problem. That’s why as President, Amy will connect every household in America to the internet by 2022. Amy’s plan will help close the urban-rural divide by creating accurate broadband maps to identify areas that lack adequate access, focus on bringing high-speed internet infrastructure to areas most in need, and provide greater incentives for existing providers to use funds to upgrade their networks to cover unserved and underserved areas. Broadband creates jobs, opens new economic opportunities, and allows America to compete and succeed in an increasingly digital world.