Mediacom is spending $1 billion of private capital Mediacom is investing over three years (2016-18) to upgrade its fiber-based network and deliver 1Gig broadband internet to nearly all service areas. The resulting high-capacity network will bring digital services to more communities; deliver fiber-based communication services to more commercial interests; and deploy community Wi-Fi access points in high-traffic public areas.
They will pass 225,885 Minnesota homes with Mediacom’s fiber-rich digital network – border–to–border.
They will launch 1Gig broadband service in 181 communities in the spring and early summer of 2017, making new-generation internet service widely available in non-metro areas.
Here are details on communities and when they will launch:
1-Gig Launches in April 2017
- Blue Earth County: Lake Crystal, Pemberton
- Brown County: Sleepy Eye, Springfield
- Carlton County: Carlton, Cloquet, Moose Lake, Moose Lake Twp., Thomson, Windemere
- Carver County: Hamburg, Norwood – Young America, Victoria, Waconia Cottonwood County: Mountain Lake, Faribault County, Wells, Winnebago
- Hennepin County: Chanhassen, Deephaven, Excelsior, Greenwood, Independence, Long Lake, Loretto, Maple Plain, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Minnetrista, Mound, Orono, Shorewood, Spring Park, St. Bonifacius, Tonka Bay, Wayzata, Woodland
- Itasca County: Calumet, Cohasset, Coleraine, Grand Rapids, Harris Twp., Keewatin, La Prairie, Marble, Nashwauk, Taconite, Lake County, Beaver Bay, Silver Bay, Two Harbors
- Le Sueur County: Cleveland, Kasota, Lake Jefferson, Le Sueur, Montgomery
- Lincoln County: Ivanhoe, Lake Benton, Tyler
- McLeod County: Brownton, Hassan Valley, Hutchinson, Lester Prairie, Silver Lake, Stewart, Winsted
- Meeker County: Collinwood Twp., Cosmos, Darwin, Dassell Twp., Grove City, Litchfield, Litchfield Twp.
- Murray County: Fulda, Hadley, Slayton, Nicollet County, Lafayette, Saint Peter
- Nobles County: Worthington
- Pine County: Sturgeon Lake Twp., Windemere Twp.
- Pipestone County: Pipestone, Trosky
- Redwood County: North Redwood, Redwood Falls
- Renville County: Bird Island, Buffalo Lake, Danube, Fairfax, Franklin, Hector, Lower, Sioux, Morton, Olivia
- Rice County: Lonsdale, Veseli, Webster
- Rock County: Luverne
- Scott County: Belle Plaine, Credit River Twp., Elko – New Market, Prior Lake, Savage, Spring Lake Twp.
- Sibley County: Arlington, Gaylord, Gibbon, Henderson, Winthrop
- St. Louis County: Aurora, Biwabik, Buhl, Chisholm, Eveleth, Fayal Twp., Gilbert, Hermantown, Hibbing, Hoyt Lakes, Kinney, McKinley, Midway Twp., Mountain Iron, Proctor, Virginia
- Waseca County: Janesville, Waldorf, Waseca
- Watonwan County Butterfield St. James
- Wright County: Howard Lake
1-Gig Launches, June 2017
- Big Stone County: Clinton, Graceville
- Chippewa County: Clara City, Maynard
- Kandiyohi County: Atwater, Sunburg
- Lac Qui Parle County: Dawson, Madison
- Pope County: Starbuck
- Stearns County: Belgrade, Brooten, Paynesville, Paynesville Twp.
- Stevens County: Chokio, Hancock, Morris, Morris Twp.
- Swift County: Appleton, Clontarf
- Traverse County: Wheaton
- Yellow Medicine County: Granite Falls
1-Gig Launches, July 2017
- Dodge County: Dodge Center, Hayfield, Mantorville, West Concord
- Fillmore County: Canton, Lanesboro, Mabel, Peterson, Preston, Rushford, Spring Valley, Spring Valley Twp.
- Goodhue County: Cannon Falls, Kenyon
- Houston County: Brownsville, Caledonia, Caledonia Twp., Hokah Houston, Spring Grove
- Mower County: Adams, Brownsdale, Le Roy, Lyle, Waltham
- Olmsted County: Chatfield, Dover Twp.
- Steele County: Blooming Prairie
- Winona County: Dakota, St. Charles City