Connect Minnesota recently released a report on business use of broadband. Here are some of the highlights as reported by their press release:
- Broadband-connected businesses bring in approximately $200,000 more in annual median revenues than non-broadband adopting businesses
- About 83,000 Minnesota business establishments have websites
- 47,000 Minnesota businesses use the Internet to advertise job openings or accept job applications
- Online sales in Minnesota account for approximately $6.2 billion in annual sales revenue
- More than one-half of Minnesota businesses in the healthcare sector (55%) use the Internet to stay in touch with their customers and patients
- 40,000 businesses in Minnesota are still not connected to broadband and are unable to actively participate in the digital global economy
Connected Nation also put out a broader report based on the surveys in the nine states where they work. It’s interesting to note that the broader reports broadband-connected businesses bring in approximately $300,000 more in annual median revenues than non-broadband adopting businesses; that number is reduced to $200,000 in Minnesota.