In Minnesota, we invested nearly $400 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021, including nearly $200 million in the Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington area.
And some details…
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network— from 5G to FirstNet.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 277 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S., including Austin, Bemidji, Brainerd, Duluth, Mankato, Minneapolis, Montevideo, Owatonna, Rochester, St. Cloud, St. Paul, and Worthington.
- AT&T 5G+ recently introduced mid-band spectrum in limited parts of 8 metros nationwide, including Minneapolis. This spectrum sits between our other 2 bands. The mid-band spectrum provides a great combination of ultra-fast speeds and wide geographic coverage.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and 40 stadiums and venues nationwide, including in parts of Minneapolis and at the Target Center and U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Minnesota with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 190 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.