(See Blandin Foundation interactive map)
Rock County: Rocking it at Number One – again!
In 2014, Rock County Broadband Alliance received a MN Border to Border grant to bring Fiber to the Home (FTTH) to almost all of Rock County. The community worked with the cooperative. They worked on deploying broadband. They became a Blandin Broadband Community and they worked on broadband adoption.
Never mind green code, Rock County is the gold standard.
|100/20 (2026 goal)||99.93||99.93||99.93||99.93||66.32|
|25/3 (2022 goal)||99.93||99.93||99.93||99.93||68.17|
|County||Households with computer||…with desktop or laptop||…with ONLY smartphone||…with a tablet et al|
|State of MN||93.6%||80.6%||7.7%||63.8%|
- 2015 – MVTV Wireless Middle Mile – Grant award: $808,080
- 2014 – Rock County Broadband Alliance (RCBA), FTTP Project – Award: $5 million.
- Find more articles on broadband in Rock County (http://tinyurl.com/jjeesst)
- 100/20 Mbps ranking: 1 (no change)
- Has worked with Blandin: yes
- Has received a MN Broadband grant: yes
- Household density: 7.53
- Districts: CD 1
- Find your reps
I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year. I’m looking at progress toward the 2022 (25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up) and 2026 (100 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up) and will code each:
- Red (yikes)
- Yellow (warning)
- Green (good shape)