Folks are declaring Friday Emergency Broadband Benefit Day of Action to help spread the word to your residents and constituents that help is there is help make broadband more affordable. There will be an online event to help people get info to share…
Emergency Broadband Benefit Day of Action
Enrollment for the Emergency Broadband Benefit will begin on May 12, 2021. Every eligible household needs to learn about this program and how to enroll.
On May 14th, non-profit organizations, anchor institutions, and local and state governments will join forces to build awareness about who is eligible and how to reach residents that continue to struggle with connectivity. In this webinar, local and state leaders will share strategies to support outreach and completing enrollment.
Time : May 14, 2021 01:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Build awareness on social media.
- Include a section about the EBB in your city council newsletter.
- Circulate a fact sheet on how the EBB could positively impact your community.
- Post flyers in community centers and libraries.
- Partner with faith-based groups and community organizers to educate the public.
- Make public service announcements on local news and radio stations.
- Send program info via text message.