Today, the American Civil Liberties Union launched an ambitious effort to achieve racial justice, the Systemic Equality agenda. The agenda strives to dismantle a system deeply rooted in racist policies, practices, and attitudes that harm Black and Indigenous people of color. Through the Systemic Equality agenda, the ACLU will advance key policies to address this country’s legacy of racism and systemic discrimination and build a more equitable America for all.
Here is their agenda (emphasis added)…
The Systemic Equality agenda includes specific policy asks of the Biden-Harris administration and Congress that will advance societal equity for and empower the civic participation of Black and Indigenous people of color, close the racial wealth gap, and seek reconciliation for our racist past. These asks include:
- Protecting and expanding voting rights
- Student loan debt forgiveness
- Affirmatively furthering fair housing
- Expanding access to financial services through the Post Office
- Extending high speed internet access
- Passing legislation on reparations
The ACLU outlined its agenda with the Biden-Harris administration in a letter to President Biden.
You can learn more at 3pm (MN time) today…