Named for Charles Benton, the founder of Benton Institute for Broadband & Society, NDIA created the awards to recognize leadership and dedication in advancing digital equity: from promoting the ideal of accessible and affordable communications technology for all Americans to crafting programs and policies that make it a reality.
NDIA will present two awards: the Digital Equity Champion Award will recognize an outstanding individual who has made a difference in the field of digital equity, while the Emerging Leader Award will acknowledge an up-and-coming digital inclusion practitioner. Awards will be presented during NDIA’s Net Inclusion webinar.
To be successful, nominees should exhibit:
- Sustained commitment to digital inclusion programs, practices, and/or policy work,
- Applied innovative approaches to addressing and solving problems,
- Extensive use of data and evaluation to shape digital inclusion programs and share best practices,
- Demonstrated leadership in his/her community, and/or
- Collaboration that can be scaled and replicated.