A fun, free event for educators to celebrate Digital Learning Day…
Innovate! Every Classroom, Every Day with Digital Learning
February 27, 2020
12 pm EST
- Evan Marwell, Founder & CEO, Education SuperHighway
- Matthew Mayo, Director of Technology, Edgecombe County School District (NC)
- Erin Swanson, Director of Innovation, Edgecombe County School District (NC)
- Jake Ragusa, Director of IS and Technology, Ascension Public Schools (LA)
- Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Brianna Hodges, Future Ready Instructional Coaches Advisor,Future Ready Schools®@bhodgesEDU
- Thomas C. Murray, Director of Innovation for Future Ready Schools®, Alliance for Excellent Education, @thomascmurray
- Dr. Adam Phyall, III, EdD, Future Ready Advisor and Director of Technology and Media Services, Newton Public Schools (GA), @AskAdam3
*Additional panelists will be announced as soon as they are confirmed.
On Digital Learning Day 2020, states, districts, and schools will show how innovation occurs in every classroom, every day, through the effective use of technology. To kick off this year’s celebration, we will take a behind the scenes look inside schools from around the county to show how educators are shifting their mindsets, leveraging technology as a tool for learning, and being empowered to reframe learning experiences each day.
Our hosts, Brianna Hodges, Adam Phyall, and Tom Murray will share and discuss the success stories from schools and districts across the country. They will highlight innovative programs such as a statewide network that provides internet access for each student, effective one-to-one implementation, and examples of how schools break down barriers to ensure that each student has access to opportunities.
The program also will include Federal Communications Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel, who will share an update on work being done to close access gaps in connectivity.
Our hosts will discuss
- how a robust infrastructure provides a conduit for shifting teaching and learning practices;
- ways in which professional learning supports teachers to shift their practice;
- how communities are working together to make experiences more learner-centered; and
- ways in which districts are keeping equity in the forefront of their decision making.
You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be inspired by the amazing success stories we will share this Digital Learning Day!