Looks like an interesting session with several Minnesota stories…
Are broadband bandwidth and reliability problems plaguing your town or city due to:
- Low population density and hence reluctant investment by major carriers?
- Environmental issues that drive up the cost of replacing old, overloaded infrastructure?
- Restrictive permitting processes that prolong approval processes?
CJIS GROUP invites you to join Mark Mrla of Finley Engineering, Tom Johnson of Nobles County, Minnesota and Mark Erickson formerly of the City of Winthrop, Minnesota, to learn how two jurisdictions addressed these issues with innovative methods to dramatically improve broadband services to their constituents.
Topics addressed will include:
- Funding through Public-Private Partnerships and Multi-jurisdictional cooperative agreements
- Fundamentals of feasibility studies – when do you need them, what do they cost and what do they deliver
Network design and build considerations in difficult physical and economic environments
What: Building Better Broadband for Cities and Counties
When: Apr 18 2018 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM (EDT)