Delighted to see that this event will be livestreamed…
Next Century Cities and Congresswoman Anna Eshoo (D-CA) to Host Congressional Briefing on Local Voices in Broadband Decisions
Washington, DC — Next Century Cities and Congresswoman Anna Eshoo will host a briefing on the importance of having local voices in broadband decision-making at 3:00pm ET this Thursday, February 15, 2018 at the Cannon House Office Building, Room 122.
The briefing will feature a panel of local elected officials to highlight creative local solutions from their own communities and the importance of local input and decision-making on issues currently being debated at the Federal Communications Commission and in Congress, including broadband infrastructure development, 5G deployment, and rural broadband access.
The event will be livestreamed at this link.
Congressional Briefing: Local Voices in Broadband Decision-Making
- Mayor Wade Troxell, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Robert Wack, City Council President, Westminster, Maryland
- Jeremy Pietzold, City Council President & Sandynet Chair, Sandy, Oregon
- Greg Murphy, Supervisor Chair & Power Board Chair, Faxon Township, Minnesota
- Patrick Mulhearn, Policy Analyst, Santa Cruz County, California
- Deb Socia, Executive Director, Next Century Cities
Thursday, February 15, 2018
122 Cannon House Office Building
Livestream available here.
Next Century Cities is a nonprofit membership organization of 184 communities, founded to support mayors and elected leaders as they seek to ensure that all have access to fast, affordable, and reliable internet. For more information, visit www.nextcenturycities.org.