It’s not necessarily for broadband – but certainly broadband adoption could be a piece of any plan submitted to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MN Foundation…
The Blue Cross Foundation announces a funding opportunity of up to a total of $1M to further health equity in communities across Minnesota. Healthy Communities: Health Equity in Action provides grants up to $100,000 per year each, and applicants can apply for one- or two-year grants. With this funding opportunity, we invite eligible applicants to propose projects that address at least one of the following social or economic determinants of health:
- Community Safety – systems change that contributes to violence reduction.
- Education – systems change that contributes to quality care and education for children ages birth through age 5.
- Employment – systems change that contributes to living wage jobs, and workplace policies supporting health and safety.
- Family and Social Support – systems change that contributes to building social capital and increasing civic engagement that builds upon community knowledge, skills, and wisdom.
- Income – systems change that contributes to housing stability and affordability, wealth or asset building.
Applications are due March 30, 2017