Today the Office of Broadband Development hosted their first webinar on the 2016 grant funds. The session lasted an hour and they were gracious to share their PPT with me.
Here’s the super high level look (taken from a slide):
Border to Border Broadband Development Grant – Overview
- $35 M one-time appropriation
- $5 M for underserved, $500,000 for low income, remainder for applications for unserved areas
- Distributed in single competitive grant round • Technology must be scalable to at least 100Mbps Up/Down
- Cap of $5M per grant award
- At least 1 to 1 match (50% of eligible expenses) required (More points awarded for higher match)
- Grant awards will be geographically dispersed
- All invoiced work must be complete by June 30, 2019
Check out the PPT for more – or even better attend a future webinar. They will be having three more sessions:
- Thursday, June 30, 8 to 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 13, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 13, 1 to 3 p.m.
To register, please send an email with your contact information (name, organization/community, address, email & phone #) to David.j.Thao@state.mn.us, or call David at 651-259-7442. Please indicate which session you will attend. You must register to receive instructions on how to access the meeting and materials.
If you have questions about the grant program in general, please contact email@example.com or 651-259-7635