Speed Matters is a web site published by the Communications Workers of America. It promotes the ideal that “all Americans need access to reliable and affordable high speed Internet connections based on their 5 principles:
- Speed and Universality Matter for Internet Access
- The U.S. “High Speed” Definition is Too Slow
- A National High Speed Internet for All Policy is Critical
- The U.S. Must Preserve an Open Internet
- Consumer and Worker Protections Must Be Safeguarded
The web site also features a tool that will “test your speed” both upstream and downstream and will compare your results to others in your state, the US and beyond. It’s very interesting. If you are disappointed with your results, they make it very easy to contact your legislators and let them know.
Check it out and let us know what you find.