From the Blandin Foundation…
Submit a Proposal!
October 12-14, 2021
It’s been a challenging year. How did broadband help or hinder – or motivate – you, or your community?
This past year has highlighted the need for high-speed broadband connectivity for all communities. What has your community accomplished with good broadband? What have you accomplished despite bad broadband? What energizes and inspires you to keep at it? What cool things are you working on? What would you like to learn more about and discuss?
This is your chance to shape the agenda for our annual broadband conference. Whether you’d like to present, moderate a discussion, make a video about your town’s strengths or needs, or suggest a speaker for organizers to line up. All ideas are welcome!
- Give a TED-style talk on a topic of your choice, like “How broadband saved my business (and sanity) during the pandemic.”
- Propose a discussion question
- Host a virtual tour of your facility
- Show us how to use some software, how to set up a public wifi hotspot, etc.
- Make a video (commercial-style) showcasing your community’s strengths, or one that demonstrates how badly you need better broadband
See the Request for Proposals and submit your idea today!
If you’d like to get together and brainstorm conference session ideas, attend the Blandin Broadband Lunch Bunch on Wednesday, July 28th at noon. Our original plan was to have attendees attend the comment period of the Governor’s Broadband Task Force Meeting for the first half hour and debrief during Lunch Bunch from 12:30-1, but Mary Magnuson will be opening the Lunch Bunch room at noon and would be happy to talk about your conference session ideas. Register for Lunch Bunch here.
Watch for info about a Regional Gathering near you!
Planning is underway for the eight regional meetings around the state. We’ll share details as they become available. The purpose of these meetings is to share your broadband story, to learn about the state of broadband, and plans around Federal funding opportunities in your neck-of-the-woods.
We’ll be in touch again soon with more information:
- We will share information on the regional meetings as details become available.
- Conference registration coming in August!