I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year.
When last we checked, Beltrami was ranked number 6 for broadband access (using 2016 speed goals); this year they are ranked 8. But while slipping, they are still in good shape with 96+ percent coverage.
Beltrami County was one of the communities we studied last fall for the Measuring Community ROI report. We looked at the community investments and results…
The following investments have been made in the community:
- $1.4 million to buy and renovate the Historic Mayflower Building into the LaunchPad supported in part by Greater Bemidji, Northwest Minnesota Foundation, USDA Rural Business Enterprise Grant and Paul Bunyan Communications
- $32,000 in Broadband Innovation Grants from Blandin Foundation
- Total: $1,432,000
Using formulas devised to measure impact of broadband access, Beltrami County has the potential to realize:
- A combined household economic benefit of broadband of $38,631,700 annually
- A combined increase in residential real estate value of $102,593,266
Info on Access:
|Speeds||% served 2017||% served 2018|
The speeds reflect the Minnesota speed goals:
- 25 Mbps down and 3 up by 2022
- 100 Mbps down and 20 up by 2026
Current ranking for 100/20 access: 8