Thought folks might be interested…
BroadbandUSA Practical Broadband Conversations
Topic: Leveraging National Data to Jumpstart Your Broadband Plan
Date: Wednesday, February 15 from 2:00-3:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
Overview: The U.S. Census Bureau, NTIA, and FCC collect and make publicly available data about Internet availability, subscriptions, and usage. This webinar will do a “deep dive” into federal datasets, including the FCC Form 477 filings from broadband providers that show broadband availability, speed and technology, and NTIA’s Digital Nation data, which represents the largest comprehensive national household survey on computer and Internet use. We’ll also highlight how the BroadbandUSA Connectivity Initiative will leverage this data as part of its online assessment tool. Hear from the experts, ask your questions, and learn how to access and use these datasets to help your broadband Internet needs assessment and planning efforts.
- Steven Rosenberg, Chief Data Officer, Wireline Competition Bureau, Federal Communications Commission
- Rafi Goldberg, Policy Analyst, Office of Policy Analysis and Development, National Telecommunications and Information Administration
- Robert Ballance, Presidential Innovation Fellow, Lead Architect, Connectivity Initiative Application
- Karen Archer Perry, Senior Policy Analyst, BroadbandUSA
- Emy Tseng, Senior Policy Analyst, BroadbandUSA