The Federal Communications Commission today announced that it is committing $125,962,023.72 in its ninth wave of Emergency Connectivity Fund program support. This round of funding will support over 270,000 students and provide funding for 340 schools, 20 libraries and 6 consortia, which are approved to receive over 330,000 connected devices and over 39,000 broadband connections. Since its June 2021 launch, the program has committed over $4.5 billion supporting all 50 states, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the District of Columbia.
“Today’s announcement will bring more connectivity to students and libraries in our communities, helping to close the Homework Gap and support library patrons who lack internet access,” said Chairwoman Rosenworcel. “The Emergency Connectivity Fund is making billions of dollars in investments in our schools and libraries to support success in the digital age, no matter who you are, or where you live.”
The funding can be used to support off-campus learning, such as nightly homework, to ensure students across the country have the necessary support to keep up with their education. Total commitments to date are supporting over 10,800 schools, 875 libraries, and 125 consortia for nearly 9.9 million connected devices and over 4.9 million broadband connections. Today’s announcement includes nearly $27 million in commitments from Window 1 applications and over $99 million in commitments from Window 2 applications.
Here are Minnesota folks who got funding this round:
- FARIBAULT SCHOOL DISTRICT 0656 FARIBAULT
- MARTIN CO WEST SCH DIST 2448 SHERBURN
- PIM Arts High School EDEN PRAIRIE
- MINNEHAHA ACADEMY NORTH MINNEAPOLIS
- MONTICELLO SCHOOL DISTRICT 882 MONTICELLO
- WATERTOWN-MAYER SCH DIST 111 WATERTOWN
- NORTH LAKES ACADEMY FOREST LAKE
- STEPHEN 0011-31-016 ANOKA
- NEW LONDON-SPICER SCH DIST 345 NEW LONDON
- FERTILE-BELTRAMI SCH DIST 599 FERTILE
- Little Crow Telemedia Network HUTCHINSON
- BAGLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT 162 BAGLEY
- Runestone Education District ALEXANDRIA
- ECHO CHARTER SCHOOL -DIST 4026 ECHO
- BADGER PUBLIC SCHOOL DIST 676 BADGER
- OGILVIE SCHOOL DISTRICT 333 OGILVIE
You can see the full list of fund recipients and more on the FCC website.