(See Blandin Foundation interactive map)
Sherburne County: Great improvement
Sherburn County has worked with the Blandin Foundation. They renewed their interest in broadband access in the last two years, certainly during the pandemic shut down. After being stagnant for a few years, they saw a leap of better broadband in the last year.
Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Sherburne is $18,858,711; broadband is one possible use.
Sherburne County has the opportunity to invest in broadband with federal funding. That would help them reach ubiquitous broadband and their renewed focus might make this the perfect time to do it. They are a code green community.
|100/20 (2026 goal)||90.69||73.66||72.36||67.11||28.02|
|25/3 (2022 goal)||95.78||82.9||91.63||89.23||75.4|
|County||Households with computer||…with desktop or laptop||…with ONLY smartphone||…with a tablet et al|
|State of MN||93.6%||80.6%||7.7%||63.8%|
- 2017 – Palmer Wireless – Sherburne County Road 3 – GRANT $110,661
- 2016 – PALMER WIRELESS BIG LAKE INDUSTRIAL PARK – GRANT: $ 90,988
- 2016 – PALMER WIRELESS DEL TONE ROAD AND ST. CLOUD AIRPORT – GRANT: $ 179,400
- 2014 – Palmer Wireless, Becker Industrial Park – Award: $151,934.
- Find more articles on broadband in Sibley County(http://tinyurl.com/ztm6c9n)
- 100/20 Mbps ranking: 23 (up 44)
- Has worked with Blandin: yes
- Has received a MN Broadband grant: yes
- Household density: 83.15
- Districts: CD 7
- Find your reps
I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year. I’m looking at progress toward the 2022 (25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up) and 2026 (100 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up) and will code each:
- Red (yikes)
- Yellow (warning)
- Green (good shape)