(See Blandin Foundation interactive map)
Mower County: needs help but has potential partners
Mower County saw a great leap in access in 2019 and they have had steady growth since. They received a grant in the last round.
Mower County will benefit from a MN State Grant awarded in 2021:
- KMTelecom – Rock Dell Southwest Fiber Build – GRANT $404,709 This last mile project will serve approximately 96 unserved households, 70 farms and five unserved businesses in rural Vernon Township in Dodge County and Sargeant Township in Mower County.
Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Mower is $7,769,778; broadband is one possible use.
Mower has some engaged providers in their area. They have received their first MN broadband grant. That might spark an interest in investing ARP funding on broadband. The opportunity is there; they are code yellow.
|100/20 (2026 goal)||84.95||79.03||78.56||23.31||90.2|
|25/3 (2022 goal)||90.13||81.14||85.22||78.47||94.78|
|County||Households with computer||…with desktop or laptop||…with ONLY smartphone||…with a tablet et al|
|State of MN||93.6%||80.6%||7.7%||63.8%|
- Find more articles on broadband in Mower County (http://tinyurl.com/j9sr5gf)
- 100/20 Mbps ranking: 35 (up 5)
- Has worked with Blandin: no
- Has received a MN Broadband grant: yes
- Household density: 21.5
- Districts: CD 1
House: 27A, 27B
- Find your reps
I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year. I’m looking at progress toward the 2022 (25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up) and 2026 (100 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up) and will code each:
- Red (yikes)
- Yellow (warning)
- Green (good shape)