(See Blandin Foundation interactive map)
Meeker County: stalled but recent grant might help
Meeker County will benefit from a MN State Grant awarded in 2021:
- Meeker Cooperative Light & Power Association (Vibrant Broadband) – Lake Koronis – GRANT $41,927 This last mile project will serve approximately 28 unserved and seven underserved locations in Union Grove Township in Meeker County.
They will benefit from a MN Border to Border grant awarded in the last round. The project is small, but hopefully will start a quest for more improvement. Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Meeker is $4,503,764; broadband is one possible use.
Meeker County needs a major push to get to better broadband; they are code red.
|100/20 (2026 goal)||53.86||45.08||45.08||38.13|
|25/3 (2022 goal)||62.46||71.72||71.45||98.58|
|County||Households with computer||…with desktop or laptop||…with a smartphone||…with a tablet et al||…with other|
|State of MN||90.3%||81.1%||76.5%||59.3%||3.5%|
- 2019: Nuvera Communications, Inc. – Hutchinson W Project – GRANT $346,282
- Find more articles on broadband in Meeker County (http://tinyurl.com/gltzvoc)
- 100/20 Mbps ranking: 72 (up 2)
- Has worked with Blandin: yes
- Has received a MN Broadband grant: yes
- Household density: 14.65
- Districts: CD 7
- Find your reps
I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year. I’m looking at progress toward the 2022 (25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up) and 2026 (100 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up) and will code each:
- Red (yikes)
- Yellow (warning)
- Green (good shape)