(See Blandin Foundation interactive map)
Hubbard County: needs another great leap forward
Hubbard County had a great leap in access in 2020. They have stayed stagnant since then. And I don’t hear much from them.
Projected allocation of American Recovery Project ARP funds in Hubbard is $4,168,047; broadband is one possible use.
There may be an influx of funding. Most people have felt the pinch of broadband need during the pandemic so hopefully they will decide to invest. In the meantime, they get a code yellow.
|100/20 (2026 goal)||91.71||91.39||74.21||46.61||46.43|
|25/3 (2022 goal)||97.18||91.47||97.97||95.65||87.42|
|County||Households with computer||…with desktop or laptop||…with ONLY smartphone||…with a tablet et al|
|State of MN||93.6%||80.6%||7.7%||63.8%|
- 2017 – Paul Bunyan Communications – North Central Fiber – GRANT $802,620
- 2016 – PAUL BUNYAN COMMUNICATIONS HUBBARD, BECKER & ITASCA COUNTIES – GRANT: $1,742,232
- Find more articles on broadband in Hubbard County. (http://tinyurl.com/hy7et5e)
- 100/20 Mbps ranking: 21 (down 3 places)
- Has worked with Blandin: no
- Has received a MN Broadband grant: yes
- Household density: 8.7
- Districts: CD 8
Senate: 02 & 05
House: 2B, 5A
- Find your reps
I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year. I’m looking at progress toward the 2022 (25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up) and 2026 (100 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up) and will code each:
- Red (yikes)
- Yellow (warning)
- Green (good shape)