High level notes…
- Originally recommended $120 million for broadband over two years
- Now asking for $30 million for one year and $350,000 per year for operating funds for the Office of Broadband Development
- Do we have enough work to spend $30 million?
- Does the Office of Broadband Development allow for non-fiber solutions? [yes! But I’m going to say more in another post]
- Can’t we have the federal funding pay for our broadband?
- Can we use public funding to give end customers money to get satellite connections?