I am doing the annual look at broadband in each county – based on maps from the Office of Broadband Development and news gathered from the last year.
Isanti County has slipped from 43 to 45. But they have seen improvement in access to 100/200 speeds. In February 2018, they release a survey of public opinion of local broadband…
- Eighty-eight percent of residents say they need better Internet-data service, 92 percent said Internet access is very important and 1 percent said it is not important.
- Eighty-three percent of businesses say they need better Internet-data service and 95 percent said the Internet is essential to their business.
- Sixty-six percent of businesses said limited Internet access at employees’ residences impacts their business.
- Twenty-four percent of businesses said Internet service options impact their business’ decision to relocate or stay in the county.
The survey was also discussed at the East Central RDC broadband roundtable about the same time (Feb 2018).
Info on Access:
|Speeds||% served 2017||% served 2018|
The speeds reflect the Minnesota speed goals:
- 25 Mbps down and 3 up by 2022
- 100 Mbps down and 20 up by 2026
Current ranking for 100/20 access: 45
- Find more articles on broadband in Isanti County. (http://tinyurl.com/gozt2ka)
- Districts: CD 8
Senate: 31 & 32
House: 31A, 32A