Senator Matt Schmit toured the state in November talking to rural communities about broadband. It went so well, he’s doing it again in January.
Here’s the original description of the series…
To help move Minnesota forward to reach its broadband goal, Sen. Matt Schmit of Red Wing is hosting a series of conversations on broadband in Minnesota. The public is invited to help set this legislative agenda by joining in on the broadband discussion at one of several scheduled meetings with Senator Schmit. The public is also urged to contact their own legislators to attend the local meetings and become more informed on this important rural Minnesota issue.
Schmit will address local leadership perspective and give background on local broadband initiatives. He will also address how broadband and the lack thereof is affecting health care providers, educators, local government and business. Here are dates and details (as I have them) for upcoming meetings. I will post more info here if/when I get it.
- Jan 6 at 3:00 p.m. hosted by Chisago County HRA
North Branch Regional Library
6355 379th St.
North Branch, MN 55056
Please note meeting change Jan 6 due to cold: Chisago County HRA/EDA, 38871 7th Avenue, North Branch, MN, still at 3 p.m.
- Jan 7 at 8:00 a.m. hosted by City of Chatfield
Chatfield City Hall—Council chambers
21 Second St. SE
Chatfield, MN 55923
- Jan 7 at 2:00 p.m. hosted by Arrowhead Regional Development Commission
221 W. First St.
Duluth, MN 55802
- Jan 8 at 9:30 a.m. hosted by Hubbard County Regional Economic Development Commission
Northwoods Bank community room
1200 First Street E.
Park Rapids, MN 56470
- Jan 8 at 12:00 p.m. hosted by Park Rapids Rotary
St. Joseph’s Area Health Services basement meeting room
600 Pleasant Ave.
Park Rapids, MN 56470
- Jan 8 at 3:00 p.m. hosted by Todd County Fiberband Committee
Todd County Courthouse boardroom (3rd floor)
212 Second Ave. S.
Long Prairie, MN 56347
- Jan 9 at 8:30 a.m. hosted by Aitkin county
Aitkin Courthouse boardroom
217 Second St. NW
Aitkin, MN 56431
- Jan 9 at 4:00 p.m. hosted by City of Annandale
Annandale City Hall community room
30 Cedar St. E.
- Jan 10 at 9:00 a.m. hosted by City of Ortonville
Ortonville Public Library media center
412 Second St. NW
Ortonville, MN 56278
- Jan 10 at 1:30 p.m. hosted by Southwest Minnesota Regional Economic Development Commission
2401 Broadway Ave., Suite 100
Slayton, MN 56172